Because there is a limit to the Catalan sausage with Jews one can consume, here’s the estimable Miguel Llorens on how US Facebook-bubble wannabes Pinterest have been trying, and failing, to get translation for free. On his blog, watch Sarah Tavel raft the five rivers of Hades, aka the dotbomb marketeer’s Five Stages of Beef™:
- Styx (the river of hate): Fuck off, we used pros.
- Kokytos (the river of lamentation): It’s my mum’s fault (but I love her).
- Phlegethon (the river of fire): I am not, nor have I ever been, your fellow-twitterer – just watch me delete.
- Akheron (the river of sorrow): Look, ignorami, “favoritos bloggers hispanohablantes” works in Latino but not in Peninsular Spanish. Honest! We’ll weep a couple of tears, but don’t expect a tsunami.
- Lethe (the river of forgetfulness): What a lovely day it is today! What a great proposition I have for you!
The layout of the Greek underworld may require adjustment, but so do all geographies: never trust a hippy, they say, so in terms of the poor getting poorer working for the rich getting richer, is it fair to say that its enthusiastic endorsement of crowdsourcing makes Harvard the new capital of global hippydom?
- Catalan sausage with Jews
In a comment on the sausage with Jews post, translation pro Mike Devlin links to photographic evidence of anti-Semitic cannibalism in
- Wurst is German for sausage
Wrust is a Spanish speciality and a Botswanan all-black metal band: Did they intend to call themselves sausage? How strong is
- Sepia to the iron with ali smelt
Via Carlos Ferrero Martín and @ucedaman, another great menu, featuring ears to the iron, sepia to the iron with ali smelt,
- Me speakee inglés
Carles Miró’s new blog links to the defunct fum i estalzí, which I also used to read, and which carried Johnson’s
- Álvaro Domecq Alburejo Oloroso: Notes of Word ans hazelnuts.
A minor offence, this sherry puff: Intense mahogany colour, clean-vibrant. Notes of Word ans hazelnuts. Dry yet rich. A lovely long nutty