I’ll bet you’re grateful that I didn’t call this Chirac kisses … OK, just forget it. Mark Doyle did a little analysis of a recent presidential snog-in, concluding that Jacques had punished Mugabe severely by not kissing him even once; some of you might beg to differ. Chirac may have only given Laura one, as it were, but we should probably just be grateful that he didn’t bite the hand that feeds him.
Tired old political joke
A little boy goes up to his mum and says:
– Mum, what’s the difference between potentially and actually?
– Well son, go find your dad and ask him if he’d kiss Edith Cresson. Then ask him if he’d kiss her for a million francs.
Five minutes later he’s back:
– Mum, first he said he wouldn’t kiss her but when I said about the money he said he would.
– OK son, now find your sister and ask her if she’d kiss Jacques Chirac. Then ask her if she’d do it for a million francs.
He’s back in seconds:
– Mum, first she said she wouldn’t, but she changed her mind when I mentioned the money.
– OK son, that means that potentially we have two million francs but actually we’re just living with a bunch of floozies.
And here ends my lunchtime rant.
Barcelona’s dog racing stadium, the Canódromo, is an architectonic miracle–in the sense that it hasn’t yet fallen down–but the whole neighbourhood
- J in Catalan Spanish
Immortalised in the “disastrous cowboy” genre of jokes.
- West African joke about white people in snowstorms
The last time the issue came up, my dad rated Percy Shaw as one of the 20th century’s most under-appreciated inventors,
- Burt Reynolds, the source for George Best’s account of what he did with his money?
With a early description by Arturo Barea of the railway Reynolds was filming on when he recited the immortal lines..
- Cowbike drawing competition
With reference to several recent items (1, 2, 3), Emma Moo-Cow bets we can’t produce a cow on a bike. Well,