The council’s Christmas greetings–some of which include Spanish, the city’s common language–wish passersby “Fröhe Weihnachten” instead of “Frohe Weihnachten”. Regional president José Montilla’s kids go to the German School in Barcelona, so presumably they didn’t get to proofread.
- In defence of Catalan language immersion
It’s a fine example of practical neo-feudalism, and screw the serfs.
- “Mittlestuffe” and illegal Catalan limitations on the provision of tourist services
Picking up linguistic errors by the Catalan government is shooting phish in a barrel–they often have difficulties with Catalan–but my non-empirical
- The website of the Barcelona city
Check the header of the main English page of Barcelona City Council.
- “Barcelona Council misappropriated €250 million inheritance using mistranslation of German will”
This blog has speculated over the years that much translation in Spain has been commissioned primarily in order to enrich and/or
- All our pupils go out from Sil School with really high linguistics skills
If Colegio Sil in Barcelona wants to sell its foreign language provision to any but the stupid it might want to