I’ve just received my first copy of Business Over Tapas, a weekly bulletin from Lenox Napier, and I’d warmly recommend it to the rest of you. It combines sourced summaries of recent press in English, Spanish, German, and whatever else I have missed, with original reporting and analysis from Lenox (some tasters here), the economist Andrew Brociner, and various other luminaries. The focus tends to be southern, but there’s something in there for everyone, and at roughly 1€ a go, it’s a snip. Get it here.
- They want our money but they don’t want our participation
Lenox’s take on the tourism department in Mojácar, where, including unregistered residents, there are probably at least as many British- as
- Se busca traducción española/catalana/whatever de canción de Laurel and Hardy
Se trata de una versión cantable de “At the ball, that’s all” de la peli Way out west:
- Barcelona’s greatest Dutch pop star
Siegfried Anton den Boer/Siegfried Andre Den Boer Kramer/Anthony van den Boer/Tony Ronald/Tonny Ronald etc, born Arnhem 1941/1943/1944, permanently resident in Barcelona
- Raphael tortures Aquarius, Matt Monro destroys Libre (subtitled)
Do Spanish speakers get more excited about “defective” accents than English speakers?
- Record label name not invented by a Dutch speaker
Of tumba, of Ben of that manor, of grunting, and of dynamiting fish.