Time for change, but literacy and numeracy and asking for advice from beyond the tribe might still be a step too far for The Real Spain, which is distributing postcards to tourists:
There is a terrible sense of plus ça change about all this everywhere one turns. Let me turn to Ada Colau reinventing her husband as an Ayuntamiento de Barcelona spad; saying that, like Mas, she will ignore the laws that offend against the people…
If it were only 6.8 million I think we could all afford a proper fucking holiday: Owen Bennett looking for a gents’ in the Walpole Bay while awaiting the South Thanet result is for me the best of Following Farage.
- All our pupils go out from Sil School with really high linguistics skills
If Colegio Sil in Barcelona wants to sell its foreign language provision to any but the stupid it might want to
- Fashion retailer GURU on Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona announces: SALE (sael) (nuon; plular sales)
Guess which of the following didn’t make it into the budget: Retail space on Paseo de Gracia, Barcelona: €2,000m² per annum (Cushman
- Breakfats, breakfast of the future?
Seen this morning on a bar in Barcelona’s c/ Ancha/Ample (not the Snake Bar: that’s on Laietana, and the menu is
- “Barcelona Council misappropriated €250 million inheritance using mistranslation of German will”
This blog has speculated over the years that much translation in Spain has been commissioned primarily in order to enrich and/or
- Der Führer and I: misinterpretation as a smart career move
Unprofessional Translation, one of the most interesting translation blogs out there, has introduced me to a wonderful anecdote, which apparently comes